Voting

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Ouch!!!!

When we made the decision for me to move to a casual position at work, it was so I could stay home more and get involved in more activities. I've done that. Mom's group, helping Trent lead a small group for church, going on field trips with the boys, and now.....I've joined a recreational women's soccer league. Our first night was last night. And boy do I hurt. Oh my word....never thought I'd ache like this. That can only mean one thing. I am definately getting older. I guess I did ok for it being my first time ever playing soccer, not great, but better than I anticipated!

This past weekend was a busy one. Trent golfed Saturday morning and then when he came home, we decided to tackle our mile-long list of needed car repairs. Why oh why do they always snowball?? Anyway, awhile back something broke inside the front passenger door, so you couldn't open it from the outside. A bit of a nuisance. But we really hadn't had the time to try and figure out what it was, nor can we go with one car during the school year. Well, Saturday he decided it was time to figure out what was wrong. Now you might be saying to yourself, "Gosh I didn't realize Trent was a mechanic....I thought he was a teacher?!" You're right. He's not a mechanic. One thing that I love about Trent, is his willingness to try. He will find videos or articles about projects and attempt them. I'll tell you...he's almost always successful. He is The Jack of ALL Trades!! Back to the door. He got it all apart and found that it was this little plastic piece on the actual exterior handle. Off to the auto parts store he went. Unfortunately, because it has a painted piece attached, it can only be ordered from a dealer and they weren't open anymore. We needed to replace the whole door handle. AND couldn't do anything about it until Monday. So now the car is sitting with the interior door frame on the garage floor and a hole in the side of the car from the door handle. hmmmm. not very usable in it's current condition. So what does he decide to do? Let's take off the wheel and find the shocks....they need to be replaced also. One Youtube video, a trip to the auto parts store and 1 1/2 hours later, we had new shocks. Wow! Next he's going to try the struts, although he may need to ask his friend Lucas to help with that one.

The boys also had a good weekend. Carter had a sleepover with his friend Jacob and Carter on Friday night and then on Saturday Carter and Evan went with the neighbors to Harvest Fest and then back to their house for playing and a movie. Sunday, we went to church and then came home to finish up work, while Evan went with his cousin to a local waterpark and Carter went to baseball practice.

This coming weekend we're actually going to head to the Twin Cities. Friday night Trent and the boys are going to go to the Twins game and then Saturday, we'll drive back to the cities. The boys are going to spend some time with my sister Amanda and her husband Jayson, while Trent and I take Aleah to the Mall of America to hopefully meet some of the Backyardigans characters! We're also going to get a chance to stop and see one of my good friends my high school, Erica and her family.

No comments:

Post a Comment