Voting

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Door

Guess I forgot to finish the door story. That's pretty typical of me. Anyhow, Monday morning I spent a long time on the phone trying to get a door handle. I called a couple local dealerships and was told that the part would cost about $60, but it would come unpainted and so to have it painted would be another $125! What?? Are you kidding me? Almost $200 for a DOOR HANDLE??????? Forget that option. Onto the next....the salvage yard. If you've never gone on this road for car parts, it's a good one. I found a door handle for $20 and then was able to buy the paint at the auto parts store for $25 and VOILA...a new door handle that matches our car almost perfectly. Hee Hee....saved myself almost $150!! We've gotten other parts for our cars from the salvage yard....you can save yourself a lot of money.

No comments:

Post a Comment