I think after this week, I may be completely gamed out for awhile. Evan is taking full advantage of having me around with nothing to do. He LOVES to play games and so he and I have played lots of Racko, Farkle and Pass the Pigs (this is a great little game for school age kids, though I'm not sure where to get it).
Trent and my dad went golfing again this morning and are planning to golf 36 holes, so my mom and I are on our own again with the kids. It was nice to sleep in this morning until 9:20! The boys are in a separate bedroom and are old enough to stay quiet and entertain themselves until I get up and Aleah.....she is an awesome sleeper!! Love it!! So now that we've successfully passed the morning...what to do this afternoon? I'm guessing swimming will be on the agenda. Maybe a bike ride and more swimming this evening when Trent returns.
So a quick story before I play another game of Racko....
This morning after I changed Aleah's diaper I handed it to her and asked her to go throw it away in the garbage can by the toilet. She's normally very reliable when it comes to throwing her diapers away, so I didn't question where she had put it. That is until about an hour later....Carter came out of the bathroom (after using it) and said, "Uh mom, I flushed the toilet but there's a problem." I said, "what's the problem?" and he responded with, "well, there's a diaper in the toilet!" I was a bit dumbfounded....really???....my 10 year old not only decided he should pee on the diaper, but then attempt to flush the toilet? I really thought I taught him better. Grrrr. Hopefully after having to fish it out of the toilet, he learned his lesson.
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It sounds like your vacation is great! I'll have to check in to that Pass the Pigs game! Blame the diaper problem on the change of scenery...did the toilet overflow? Yuck...now there would be a mess!
ReplyDeleteAlso, I got your message about girl clothes. This litle one will be born in November...exactly opposite of the 2 other girls, so I am trying to collect appropriate clothing until that 2 year period when the sizes stretch out a bit. So, yes, that would be fantastic!