Voting

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

You know you're a parent when....

Every once in awhile Trent and I talk about how we should write a book titled, "You know you're a parent when...." Well I probably won't ever write a book, but I do think it's time to keep track of them. Feel free to comment and add more to the list. Parenting is fun and full of adventures and sometimes we just need to laugh to keep ourselves sane! So here it goes.... by the way, everything on my list has occurred in my household, so they are all REAL!

You know you're a parent when...

1. You climb into bed after a very long day, ready to crash, only to be greeted by little green army guys. Guess we invaded their camp!

2. You find not just a little bit of toilet paper in the toilet, but instead the WHOLE roll.

3. Your laptop has red crayon scribbles all over it. Grrrr.

4. Wearing a shirt to Target that has food particles on it and dirt smudges doesn't bother you as long as it doesn't stink.

5. Everytime you have a conversation about food, you start singing the Wiggles songs...Hot Potato or Fruit Salad.

6. You know which episodes the Backyardigans songs belong to.

7. Over 3/4 of your DVR is filled with kids shows.

8. You have permanent bases in your lawn, for the daily baseball game. By the way, these "bases" are not the plastic ones you buy....they are just areas that have no grass!

That's just a little start. I know there are hundreds more and I would love to hear how you know you're a parent! I'll add more later, but now it's off to change the wash. Yes, I'm washing while on vacation. But it's in the condo and that just means I have to pack less!!

No comments:

Post a Comment