Voting

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

We're still here!

The past 3 1/2 weeks have been filled with one common theme around our house....sickness! It first started with Evan's questionable H1N1, then the following week Aleah got the stomach flu, followed by Trent, Evan, and Carter. Then for some reason, Aleah decided since she started the stomach flu, she should end the cycle too!! I am proud to announce that at this current moment....we are ALL healthy!! Today I'll finish cleaning the house. Yesterday was cleaning all the bathrooms AGAIN (it's been done so many times in the past 3 weeks, it's quite ridiculous!) and disinfecting all the door handles, light switches, etc...

I'm so glad that I'm pretty much done Christmas shopping. Really only Trent is left...and I can't make up my mind. We continue to work on the "hole" for the boys (that's their Christmas present along w/ a few goodies that come along with it). We got a lot done the weekend after Thanksgiving, but then Trent ended up w/ the flu so it's been put on hold for awhile. Unfortunately, we've got a lot to do still. I'll try to post pictures when it's done. Our goal, 2 years ago when we talked about our "forever" home, was that we would have a place for our kids to bring their friends. A safe place for them to hang out. When we moved into our house, that was the one thing that it lacked. A kid's hangout. So we decided to turn the actual basement, which isn't huge, into a hangout area for them. It will also be a fun family hangout area....we were able to find a really nice fooseball table on craigslist, for really cheap. And Target was clearancing Guitar Hero out, so we picked that up. The boys will wonder what's going on, when they have 2 presents under the tree....and one of them is a set of sheets! :) We're so excited to see the response!!

Sounds like we're going to get our first snowstorm tonight. Is it bad to hope for a snowday tomorrow? :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're all better now! Praise God!

    ReplyDelete